Truck Monitoring System for Canadian Carriers
If you are looking for ways to cut operational costs, increase fleet security and streamline workflows, you may want to learn more about truck monitoring systems available on the market. Enhanced with telematics technology, GPS devices for truckers allow motor carriers to monitor and manage their vehicle in real-time, helping supervisors efficiently schedule drivers’ routes for dispatch, manage fuel and maintenance programs, track fleet metrics, and streamline the overall process.
In a nutshell, the right truck monitoring system helps businesses keep a clear eye on operations. This article will examine truck driver monitoring systems’ main characteristics and features, so you can pick the right GPS tracker for your fleet.
What Is GPS Fleet Tracking?
GPS fleet tracking is a system that assists transportation businesses and managers in monitoring vehicles in real time. It provides maximum fleet visibility, allowing fleet managers to optimize processes and give clients a more reliable service.
In addition to updates about the vehicle’s status, GPS tracking comes with features that help reduce instances of vehicle breakage, optimize operating costs, and improve driver’s performance on and off the road. Collecting various vehicle data, it notifies the driver and fleet managers about fuel level, battery charge, idle time and maintenance issues. As a result, it grants the motor carrier more control over the driver’s actions, improving the efficiency and reliability of the entire operation.
In the following section, we will tell you how HOS247 turns this information into cost saving actions that help your trucking business grow.
HOS247 Truck Monitoring System
HOS247 offers a robust truck monitoring system for carriers that gives complete visibility and provides advanced features to cut costs and optimize operations, including:
- Real-time GPS tracking. Our modern 4G/LTE GPS tracking solution is ten times faster than the systems that use the 3G network. HOS247 trackers send updates every 30 seconds, providing motor carriers with the most accurate information about real-time location of their fleet.
- Vehicle maintenance. Get notified about warranty expirations, preventative maintenance routines, license renewals, and other services with this built-in maintenance management system. Keeping track of maintenance schedules helps prevent unexpected breakages.
- Vehicle diagnostics. Fault code detection timely recognizes vehicle malfunctions and sends alerts in the form of a code, reducing downtown and preventing costly repairs.
- Automated idle tracking. The HOS247’s onboard diagnostics monitoring system helps detect areas for optimizing fuel usage. With accurate updates about fuel consumption, you can significantly cut expenses and decrease your CO2 footprint.
Benefits of HOS247 GPS Tracking
HOS247 GPS truck monitoring helps bring down operational costs and improves logistics processes. Here are some benefits you can get by taking HOS247 services for the truck monitoring system.
- Enhanced security. HOS247 provides hardwired tracking devices that can be concealed to allow recovery of vehicles, equipment, and tools in the event of theft. Managers can also know when a vehicle is taken to an unauthorized location.
- Exceptional customer support service. If you need assistance at any point, the HOS247 customer support team will help you. Our multilingual representatives are available from Monday to Sunday to answer any question in English, Spanish, Polish, or Russian. If the call drops for any reason, we’ll call you back to get the issue resolved.
- Easy installation. The easy installation of the HOS247 hardware makes it a convenient choice for fleet owners across the US. You can install it within a few minutes without assistance from a technician.
- User-friendly software. The intuitive user interface makes it easy for managers to use the portal. They have complete access to data regarding vehicles, drivers’ activities, fuel usage, and more at their fingertips.
- Integrated with ELD. The HOS247 truck GPS monitoring system can integrate with an electronic logging device that helps truckers achieve compliance with regulations established by Transport Canada and prevent violations of hours of service.
- Significant savings. Carriers can reduce fuel usage with optimized dispatch, idling monitoring and proper vehicle maintenance. The vehicle maintenance feature also prevents vehicle issues that can result in hefty reparations and helps prolong the trucks’ useful lives, maximizing your investment.
At HOS247, we are committed to customer satisfaction. With our years of experience in providing fleet management solutions, we are familiar with truckers’ needs and expectations and provide reliable services to help them grow their businesses.
On top of the benefits mentioned above, additional factors that make HOS247 top-rated amongst truckers are:
- Dependable hardware. The HOS247 GPS truck monitoring devices are made with superior-quality materials to allow optimal performance and reduce the chances of breakdowns.
- Flexible plans. You can scale your monthly or yearly plan up or down according to your business needs.
- No contracts. We don’t bind our clients in lengthy contracts. We believe that the best way to retain our customers is by providing them with top-notch services. If you decide to discontinue your services, you can do so without paying fines or penalties.
- Hassle-free two-week returns. Truckers can request a two-week demo to try out the system, get to know it and decide if it fulfills their needs. Returns within this period will receive a full refund, no questions asked.
Advantages of ELD-Based Truck Monitoring Systems
The technology used by truck monitoring systems is significantly more advanced than that used by an electronic logging device. ELDs use a basic tracking system to collect general location information for hours of service records, not for asset tracking. That said, the Canadian ELD mandate has been in full effect at the federal level since January 1, 2023, and most drivers of commercial vehicles in Canada now have to record their hours of service using certified elog devices, which can integrate with a specialized truck monitoring system.
With a trustworthy ELD-based truck monitoring system, fleets can comply with the truckers’ electronic log law and have complete control over operations within a single system. HOS247 is a top-rated provider that supports Canadian hours of service rules. Our professional team will help you build out a detailed installation plan and choose a set of extra features that would ensure compliance with the rule and streamline your operational tasks. Book a demo to test our services and find out if they meet your requirements.
About the Canadian ELD Mandate
The law issued by the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA) and Transport Canada aims to ensure road safety by reducing the number of accidents caused by driver fatigue. To comply with the rule, motor carriers should clearly understand how enforcement works and find an ELD solution that suits their needs.
The ELD mandate is a federal regulation and provincial authorities are responsible for enforcing it. Although certain Canadian regions, like Quebec, will make an exception as the province’s Highway Safety Code does not match the federal regulations regarding hours of service (HOS), most Canadian territories will adopt the ELD law for heavy vehicle drivers.
Even though the third-party verification process of ELD products on the Canadian market considerably facilitates the task of choosing a reliable system, you still need to find the one that will work best for you. To fully enjoy the benefits that an efficient ELD device may bring to your business operations beyond compliance, it is recommended to roll out an initial pilot program before introducing the solution to your full fleet. Pick a group of drivers familiar with the needs and challenges of your company to test the system and provide valuable feedback to help apply the best practices and guarantee a smooth transition for your team.
GPS fleet tracking is a monitoring system installed in trucks to provide maximum fleet visibility, allowing motor carriers to manage their vehicles in real time. Using telematics technology, GPS fleet tracking hardware collects vehicle-related data and transmits it into the
The purpose of the incoming ELD mandate issued by Transport Canada is ensuring road safety. To that effect, drivers are only allowed to drive and be on duty for limited periods. Paper records were the norm to keep records of
GPS software has become a vital tool for trucking operations in Canada. The advantages it offers carriers practically make it a must-have to be competitive in the industry. HOS247 understands the need for reliable GPS truck tracking solutions, so we