Finding a Reliable GPS Tracker for Trucks in Canada
A GPS tracker for trucks is an essential tool to optimize fleet management and enhance safety conditions. With a growing demand for these devices in the industry, the Canadian market offers various options. Hardware, installation process, and efficient support are just some of the many aspects to consider when selecting a tracking system. This article will cover the essential qualities to look for to help you find a GPS tracking device for trucks that suits your business.
Choosing the Best Truck GPS Tracker
A reliable tracker will improve work efficiency and driver safety by monitoring vehicle location, usage and maintenance requirements. Business owners gain monetary and time savings by choosing a provider who offers the best services to optimize fleet operations and provide their drivers with better working conditions.
What are the crucial characteristics to take into account while picking a GPS tracker for trucks?
- Compatible hardware. Fleet companies that use trailers as well as light- and medium-duty trucks for their services will benefit from a hardware that offers both plug-n-play and hardwired tracking options. Durability is another critical factor to consider as a high-quality electronic device avoids breakage and downtime.
- Easy installation. Look for hardware that doesn’t require special installation. If the system is too complicated, it may cost extra to install it. Ideal hardware is the one that your crew members can easily set up.
- Ease of use. User-friendly software is a vital feature in GPS tracking for commercial trucks as it helps avoid moments of frustration and saves time.
- Demo or trial period. Make sure potential providers offer a trial period to test their trackers. Reliable companies that are sure of their products’ quality provide their clients with trials or demo versions. Take your investment seriously.
- Efficient technical support. Buying a high-quality GPS fleet tracker is as critical as having access to reliable customer support to help you get the most out of the product. The provider should help you implement the device, troubleshoot, and timely answer any questions about the service.
HOS247 Customer Care Policies
The flexible and customer-centered policies of HOS247 have made our company a top-rated fleet management provider. We use a wide range of technological and business tools to provide our clients with reliable service. The benefits we offer customers include:
- No contract policy. At HOS247, we don’t bind our customers with a long-term contract. Instead, we adjust to their needs by offering monthly and yearly subscription plans. You can easily scale up and down your plan depending on your necessities.
- Two-week trial and demos. If you want to test our service before subscribing to a plan, we invite you to try our devices for two weeks. Request your demo to discover how efficient and reliable our services are.
- Hardware replacement warranty. Our devices are dependable and resistant. HOS247 hardware comes with a one-year free replacement warranty in case of malfunction.
- Top-rated customer support. Doubts and questions are inevitable. HOS247 offers efficient Monday-to-Sunday service. Our international team of professionals will help you with troubleshooting, compliance questions, and the everyday use of our devices. We speak English, Spanish, Polish, and Russian.
- Callback policy. We know how frustrating it may feel to be hung up on the phone when you need assistance. If the call drops, your rep will call you back so you don’t have to explain the issue again.
Benefits of the HOS247 GPS Tracking for Commercial Trucks
The HOS247 GPS fleet tracking solution uses the latest technologies to provide an accurate, efficient, and smooth service. AI-powered tools and a set of extra features increase safety and help reduce overall expenses.
- 4G technology. HOS247 tracker is an up-to-date 4G GPS that offers a better quality of signal and faster response than its 3G counterpart.
- Dependable hardware and intuitive interface. Our hardware is made with high-quality materials that make it more resistant and durable. The software is easy-to-install and has an intuitive interface that helps manage tasks smoothly and save time.
- Improved safety and security uses. The HOS247 GPS tracker for trucks informs fleet managers if the driver heads to an unauthorized location and can help recover stolen assets.
- Extra features to improve fleet management efficiency. The HOS247 GPS fleet tracker for trucks has idling monitoring, a feature that considerably reduces fuel expenses. It also includes code detection and preventative maintenance to help prevent downtime due to breakdowns and improve overall performance.
Prepare for the ELD Mandate Implementation with ELD-Integrated GPS
A GPS tracker for trucks that can integrate with an electronic logging system is indispensable for fleets required to comply with the ELD mandate, which is about to be implemented in Canada on January 1, 2023. The rule will require all federally regulated truck fleet carriers to switch from manual logs to electronic logging devices for recording their hours of service. The initiative intends to ensure a safe work environment for drivers and modernize RODS management.
Although the Canadian mandate shares many similarities with the US ELD law, making it easier to predict what to expect from the new rule, there are several substantial differences in regulations, which are important to consider for motor carriers to stay compliant on either side of the border.
- Personal conveyance status. The situation when a driver operates a company vehicle for non-work purposes, such as driving to his hotel or a restaurant, is known as personal conveyance. While in the US this status is not restricted by distance or time, Canada established strict limits on distance—75 kilometers or approximately 50 miles.
- Off-duty status. In the United States, truckers must take a 30-minute break after continuous 8-hour driving. In Canada, although drivers are required to dedicate two hours out of 16 to off-duty time, they can choose to take a two-hour break or divide it into shorter periods. In addition, truckers are allowed to use the remaining off-duty time the next day.
- Transferring HOS data. US drivers have four methods to transfer the HOS records to the ERODS data repository. In Canada, records are transferred directly to the roadside inspector.
- Third-party certification. Unlike the United States, which adopted self-certification ELD policies, all electronic logging devices in Canada will be certified by a third party. Thus, the government intends to avoid the circulation of non-compliant elog devices on the market.
Key Functions of an ELD
Electronic logging devices are meant to improve HOS compliance while automating trucking processes. Some of the functions they provide are:
- Synchronization with the engine control unit.
- Automatic record of vehicle parameters.
- Collecting data about vehicle performance.
- Electronic data transfer via telematics or Bluetooth.
- Tamper prevention.
- Certification of driver records.
- Issuing reports for safety officials on-demand.
- User manual.
- Audio controls.
Electronic logging systems can be of two types according to the device used to display the data collected by the hardware piece:
- Manufacturer’s proprietary tablets. The service provider includes a tablet with a preloaded mobile app.
- Bring your own device (BYOD) solutions. The logbook app can be downloaded from app distribution platforms like Google Play or the App Store and installed on the driver’s smartphone or tablet of choice.
Choosing a reliable provider is a crucial step in the process of switching from manual to electronic logging. An integrated ELD tracker can be an excellent option for motor carriers who are looking for the best GPS tracker for trucks and want to keep compliance with the mandate. HOS247 is a top-rated fleet management provider. Visit our HOS247 App Reviews page to find out what our clients think about our services and request your demo.
The Best Electronic Logbook App for Canada Drivers can simplify compliance, increase safety, and boost efficiency by choosing a reliable ELD. To find the best electronic logbook app for Canada, carriers should consider their trucking business’s specific needs and select