GPS Fleet Management Vehicle Tracking System to Increase Profitability
Fleet managers have a monumental responsibility in the trucking industry. Their job is multifaceted and complex, and a reliable fleet management vehicle tracking system is one of the best ways to streamline it. This article will look at the positive impact of GPS tracking in daily operations and it will outline the strengths of HOS247’s GPS services for trucking professionals.
Advantages of GPS Fleet Management & Vehicle Tracking
Carriers who have adopted fleet management vehicle tracking systems broadly agree that logistics are optimized and management tasks made easier. Increased profitability comes as a side effect of improved operations, especially derived from cutting costs and increasing safety. Some advantages that come with a quality GPS tracker are:
- Improved customer service.
- Less guesswork on departure and arrival times.
- Prevent delays in deliveries.
- Better CSA scores.
- Higher profitability.
- Savings on fuel consumption.
- Traffic and road conditions updates improve productivity.
- Reduce the cost of insurance
- Lessen maintenance costs
- Prevent unauthorized use of vehicles.
- Increased safety.
- Reduced road accidents.
- Prevent dubious reporting.
- Track and recover lost vehicles.
Benefits of the HOS247 GPS Tracking System
At HOS247, we focus on providing quality services for truckers to help them grow their business and achieve their goals. Our fleet management vehicle tracking system is part of this effort as it gives managers the big picture of their fleet’s conditions and location, and it delivers added benefits such as:
- Integrated with ELD. If your fleet conducts interstate commerce, your drivers are most likely subject to the ELD mandate. HOS247 offers an integrated elog solution to achieve FMCSA compliance and prevent HOS violations.
- 4G technology. GPS 4G systems allow for better and faster connectivity than 3G. On top of that, mobile carriers will soon shut down their 3G network, so making the switch to 4G before it happens is advisable.
- Quality customer support. HOS247 offers top-rated support. You can call our line any day of the week and get help from our knowledgeable reps in English, Spanish, Polish, or Russian. We have a call back policy in place to follow up with you even if the call drops.
- Intuitive interface. The fleet manager portal is user-friendly. Managers have full visibility of the fleet and instant access to the data collected at the tip of their fingers.
- Dependable hardware. HOS247 offers plug-n-play hardware that can be installed by your staff or hidden hardwired devices to prevent tampering and allow recovery in case of theft. Both are made with high-quality materials for optimal performance and reduced possibility of breakdowns.
- Extra features. The GPS tracker is enhanced with extra features that bring added value, such as idling monitoring, fault code detection, preventative maintenance, and optimized dispatch.
- Flexibility. Fleets’ needs change and providers should accommodate that. Our solutions are customizable, so they can be scaled up or down over time.
HOS247 All-In-One Vehicle Fleet Management System
HOS247 offers an all-in-one fleet management system to improve trucking operations and safety. Our customers range from owner-operators to large fleets and our plans can be customized to fit each one’s needs. Apart from electronic logging devices and GPS trackers, our services include:
- IFTA mileage calculations. Reduce workload by automating complex calculations. The device relies on the truck’s odometer to produce IFTA mileage traveled per jurisdiction. Apart from making the process more efficient, it makes it more accurate and reduces the risk of being audited.
- Vehicle maintenance. Drivers are the first to know their vehicle’s maintenance needs. Driver vehicle inspection reports are an effective way for them to communicate any issue they identify to fleet managers so it can be taken care of and prevent downtime. The system will also produce reminders of preventative maintenance such as oil changes.
- Fault code detection. The device can diagnose issues with the engine thanks to the connection to the ECM to avoid more serious issues and being put out of service.
- Automated idle tracking. Idling causes fuel wastage and reduces the engine’s lifespan. Identifying idling occurrences helps fleet managers correct the behavior, increase productivity and even reduce the fleet’s carbon footprint.
Ways ELDs Can Help Your Business
The first and most important benefit of an efficient elog is compliance. Drivers subject to the ELD mandate cannot do their job without one of these devices. However, there are many other upsides to adopting this technology. Let’s take a look at the main ways electronic logbooks can improve trucking operations:
- Streamlined operations. Automated processes improve fleet productivity, reduce workload for fleet managers, and facilitate dispatch.
- Longer vehicle lifespan. Electronic logbooks come with features that contribute to proper fleet maintenance and better driver behavior to expand trucks’ useful lives.
- Reduced liabilities. In case of accidents, ELD data can serve as evidence to protect drivers and carriers during a lawsuit.
- Higher profits. Lower fuel wastage, higher security, lower insurance premiums and many other derived benefits of elogs translate to higher profit margins for companies that use them.
Additional Benefits of Choosing HOS247
HOS247 is a registered FMCSA-approved ELD vendor with a top-rated app on Google Play and the Apple App Store. Our integrated system allows carriers to streamline processes across the company and offers FMCSA compliance with minimum effort. Additional benefits include:
- ELD compliance. Our top-rated logbook app helps owner-operators and fleets of any size comply with DOT requirements effectively. The hardware piece is durable, maintains a stable Bluetooth connection and has a one-year free replacement warranty. Our elog service is backed-up by week-long expert technical support in four languages.
- No contract. HOS247 clients are not required to commit to our products. Plans are subscription based and can be paid monthly or yearly. They can also be scaled up or down according to the client’s particular needs.
- Trial period. Truckers can ask for a free demo or try out our system for two-weeks. We offer hassle-free returns.
- Reliability. The main benefit of choosing HOS247 is reliability. You can be sure that we will have your back in any situation. Our corporate values are based on contributing to trucking companies’ development and customer satisfaction.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) published updated hours of service (HOS) rules for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers. All Electronic Logging Devices must be updated to comply with the new FMCSA HOS rule by September 29, 2020. Download
In today’s dynamic business environment, where efficient operations and cost savings are crucial, fleet tracking has become a vital solution for trucking businesses. This technology uses GPS and advanced fleet management systems to monitor and manage vehicles in real time,
GPS fleet tracking is a monitoring system installed in trucks to provide maximum fleet visibility, allowing motor carriers to manage their vehicles in real time. Using telematics technology, GPS fleet tracking hardware collects vehicle-related data and transmits it into the