Canadian Fleet Management Vehicle Tracking System to Increase Profitability
Fleet managers have a monumental responsibility in the trucking industry. Their job is multifaceted and complex, and a reliable fleet management vehicle tracking system is one of the best ways to streamline it. This article will look at the positive impact of GPS vehicle tracking fleet management solutions in daily operations and it will outline the strengths of HOS247’s GPS services for trucking professionals.
Advantages of GPS Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management System
Carriers who have adopted fleet management vehicle tracking systems broadly agree that logistics are optimized and management tasks made easier. Increased profitability comes as a side effect of improved operations, especially derived from cutting costs and increasing safety. Some advantages that come with a quality GPS tracker are:
- Improved customer service.
- Less guesswork on departure and arrival times.
- Prevent delays in deliveries.
- Real-time location of deliveries.
- Higher profitability.
- Savings on fuel consumption.
- Traffic and road conditions updates improve productivity.
- Reduce the cost of insurance
- Lessen maintenance costs
- Prevent unauthorized use of vehicles.
- Increased safety.
- Reduced road accidents.
- Prevent dubious reporting.
- Track and recover lost vehicles.
Benefits of the HOS247 GPS Tracking System
At HOS247, we focus on providing quality services for truckers to help them grow their business and achieve their goals. Our GPS fleet tracking system is part of this effort as it gives managers the big picture of their fleet’s conditions and location, and it delivers added benefits such as:
- Integrated with ELD. If your fleet conducts interprovincial commerce, your drivers will most likely have to comply with the coming ELD mandate. HOS247 offers an integrated elog solution to optimize trucking operations and keep to HOS regulations.
- 4G technology. GPS 4G systems allow for better and faster connectivity than 3G. Although Canadian mobile carriers will not shut down their 3G network like their American counterparts, making the switch to 4G is still advisable.
- Quality customer support. HOS247 vehicle tracking and fleet management system comes with top-rated support. You can call our line any day of the week and get help from our knowledgeable reps in English, Spanish, Polish, or Russian. We have a call back policy in place to follow up with you even if the call drops.
- Intuitive interface. The fleet manager portal is user-friendly. Managers have full visibility of the fleet and instant access to the data collected at the tip of their fingers.
- Dependable hardware. HOS247 offers plug-n-play hardware that can be installed by your staff or hidden hardwired devices to prevent tampering and allow recovery in case of theft. Both are made with high-quality materials for optimal performance and reduced possibility of breakdowns.
- Extra features. The GPS fleet management vehicle tracking is enhanced with extra features that bring added value, such as idling monitoring, fault code detection, preventative maintenance, and optimized dispatch.
- Flexibility. Fleets’ needs change and providers should accommodate that. Our solutions are customizable, so they can be scaled up or down over time.
HOS247 All-In-One Vehicle Fleet Management System
HOS247 offers an all-in-one fleet management system to improve trucking operations and safety. Our customers range from owner-operators to large fleets and our plans can be customized to fit each one’s needs. Apart from electronic logging devices and GPS trackers, our services include:
- IFTA calculations. Reduce workload by automating complex calculations. The device relies on the truck’s odometer to produce IFTA reports for distance traveled per jurisdiction. Apart from making the process more efficient, it makes it more accurate and reduces the risk of being audited.
- Vehicle maintenance. Drivers are the first to know their vehicle’s maintenance needs. Driver vehicle inspection reports are an effective way for them to communicate any issue they identify to fleet managers so it can be taken care of and prevent downtime. The system will also produce reminders of preventative maintenance such as oil changes.
- Fault code detection. The device can diagnose issues with the engine thanks to the connection to the ECM to avoid more serious issues and being put out of service.
- Automated idle tracking. Idling causes fuel wastage and reduces the engine’s lifespan. Identifying idling occurrences helps fleet managers correct the behaviour, increase productivity and even reduce the fleet’s carbon footprint.
Ways ELDs Can Help Your Business
The first and most important benefit of an efficient elog is compliance. Drivers subject to the ELD mandate cannot do their job without one of these devices. However, there are many other upsides to adopting this technology. Let’s take a look at the main ways electronic logbooks can improve trucking operations:
- Streamlined operations. Automated processes improve fleet productivity, reduce workload for fleet managers, and facilitate dispatch.
- Longer vehicle lifespan. Electronic logbooks come with features that contribute to proper fleet maintenance and better driver behavior to expand trucks’ useful lives.
- Reduced liabilities. In case of accidents, ELD data can serve as evidence to protect drivers and carriers during a lawsuit.
- Higher profits. Lower fuel wastage, higher security, lower insurance premiums and many other derived benefits of elogs translate to higher profit margins for companies that use them.
Additional Benefits of Choosing HOS247
HOS247 is a trustworthy ELD vendor with a top-rated app on Google Play and the Apple App Store. Our integrated system allows carriers to streamline processes across the company, optimizing fleet performance with minimum effort. The fleet management vehicle tracking system is a strong advantage, but HOS247 also offers additional benefits, such as:
- Compatible hardware and software. Our top-rated logbook device and app work seamlessly for owner-operators, fleets of any size and any type of vehicle. The hardware piece is durable, maintains a stable Bluetooth connection and has a one-year free replacement warranty. Our elog service is backed-up by week-long expert technical support in four languages.
- No contract. HOS247 clients are not required to commit to our products. Plans are subscription based and can be paid monthly or yearly. They can also be scaled up or down according to the client’s particular needs.
- Trial period. Truckers can ask for a free demo or try out our system for two-weeks. We offer hassle-free returns.
- Reliability. The main benefit of choosing HOS247 is reliability. You can be sure that we will have your back in any situation. Our corporate values are based on contributing to trucking companies’ development and customer satisfaction.
If you are a commercial vehicle driver or a fleet manager operating in Canada, you need to comply with Transport Canada ELD and HOS rules. Many Canadian carriers also drive into the United States, where rules are enforced by the
Drivers are subject to inspection by the FMCSA at any time. It is best to stay on the safe side, and that includes having a dependable truck driver log. To do that, drivers looking for an ELD should spend some
Fleet and asset tracking gives carriers in Canada an opportunity to improve operations by providing full fleet visibility, reducing operating costs, and increasing productivity. These systems monitor, track, and analyze vehicle data, such as location, diagnostics, routing, fuel consumption, and