Log Book App for iPhone in Canada to Rely On
Electronic logging devices will be critical for drivers and carriers operating under Transport Canada’s incoming mandate. The challenge is finding the right ELD when there are so many on the market. Considering the high driver turnover rates in the country, it is important for carriers to provide user friendly elog systems while staying compliant.
User ratings for logbook apps can be of great help to make the right decision. HOS247 reviews on the App Store show that truckers’ experience with the ELD app for iPhone is positive thanks to its dependability, quality customer support, and ease of use. Drivers can keep compliant RODS effortlessly, and fleet managers appreciate the intuitive online portal and how the system helps improve productivity.
Characteristics of a Quality ELD
Acknowledging the importance of finding the best electronic logging system for your business is the first step toward making the right choice. The second step is knowing what characteristics to look for. Consider factors other than price; make sure your device and ELD app for iPhone work for you, not against you. Here are some essential qualities to look for:
- Easy to install. Choosing a device that involves a complicated and time-consuming installation process takes up valuable time and could even entail extra fees. Installation should be seamless. A plug-and-play solution like HOS247’s takes minutes to install, and anyone can do it.
- Works for any class of vehicle. Having a device that only works for limited types of vehicles can be inconvenient. For example, carriers with several types of vehicles would need to install different hardware from different providers, making operations that much more complicated. Also, if a driver were to alternate between vehicle classes, they would have to learn how to use different apps. Choosing an electronic logging system that works with all types of vehicles makes things easier for the whole team.
- Compatibility with drivers’ devices. HOS247 offers customers versions of the truck driver log book app for iPhone and Android that run smoothly on both systems, allowing drivers to use their preferred device.
- Ease of use. Ease of use is more than a benefit, it is also a way to ensure compliance. If the logbook has a confusing interface, drivers may not use it properly. A driver shouldn’t have to waste time trying to deal with complicated technology while on the road. Time is money for trucking businesses, and a truck log book app for iPhone that makes it difficult for drivers to update their status and produce their HOS reports in case of inspections is inefficient. It frustrates drivers, and it can result in fines or even being put out of service.
- Software updates. Compliance requirements for elogs and HOS rules might change. Providers must be knowledgeable of regulations and stay on top of updates so they can be programmed into the software. Electronic logbooks should be responsive and adaptable to such changes so fleets remain compliant as regulations change.
- Available upgrades. The needs of a growing fleet change and being stuck with a logbook that doesn’t accommodate such growth can be a roadblock. If a carrier is interested in added features like GPS tracking or IFTA calculations, it would be a shame to be stuck with a contract that does not allow them to scale up their plan (or even scale it down). Providers should adjust to the needs of carriers and provide flexibility to help them operate at their best.
- Affordability. Although it shouldn’t be the only thing to consider, the cost of an elog solution can tell you a lot about it. Some providers try to sell an expensive solution that requires professional installation for each vehicle. Others sell cheap devices that seem like an attractive bargain until hidden fees show up on the bill. When considering the affordability of a logbook, it’s important to ask about the pricing structure. Also, keep in mind that bring your own device (BYOD) solutions are more affordable. Drivers can simply download the ELD app for iPhone instead of carriers having to pay for dedicated tablets of the provider’s brand.
Can ELD App Records Be Edited?
Information captured by a truck log book app for iPhone can be edited under certain conditions and by authorized individuals, although driving time can never be changed to non-driving time. This information will be essential once the mandate comes into full enforcement on January 1, 2023, since drivers may have to edit and annotate their records if information is missing or a mistake is made. The driver or authorized staff will be allowed to edit the record under these specific guidelines:
- Original records must not be overwritten.
- Driving time cannot be deleted or shortened.
- Edits must be annotated when prompted.
- Usernames associated with the records cannot be edited and reassigned unless:
- There is an unidentified record that needs to be assigned.
- It is necessary to correct team driver errors.
- There is a non-authenticated driving segment that needs correction.
- Edits and manual entries are not allowed on:
- Intermediate logs
- Driver’s login/logout activities
- CMV engine power up / shut down
- ELD malfunctions and
- Data diagnostic events
More Benefits of the HOS247 Logbooks
Besides having a top-rated ELD app for iPhone, HOS247 offers many other benefits to carriers, fleet managers, drivers, and owner-operators. These include:
- Top-rated technical support. Our easy-to-reach customer support team speaks English, Spanish, Polish, and Russian. We are available Monday through Sunday.
- Quality hardware. Durable and easy to install hardware with a stable Bluetooth connection to the truck log book app for iPhone.
- Flexible plans with no contract. You can add or remove features such as IFTA calculations, GPS tracking, vehicle diagnostics, and more to your monthly plans when you need to.
- Two-week trial. Get to know the system and keep it or return the device for a full, hassle-free refund.
- Fleet management optimization. Complete fleet visibility, idling reporting, maintenance features, easier dispatch, and more help streamline operations and increase profits.
Other Features Needed for Trucking Operations
Compliance and safety are top priorities when choosing an ELD app for iPhone. Still, many trucking operations rely on additional elog features to help streamline processes, such as:
- IFTA calculations. The HOS247 ELD app for iPhone can log the distance traveled by jurisdiction to facilitate tax reporting and reduce audit risks.
- Idle reporting. Idling can waste thousands of dollars per vehicle in a year. Educating drivers on the financial and environmental impact of idling is vital. As an added measure, our logbook app for iPhone monitors excessive idling, helping prevent and correct it to save fuel and money.
- GPS tracking. Tracking vehicles provides carriers with a bird’s eye view of their operations. This enables them to see driver HOS availability, type of vehicles available, proximity to loading sites, and more all on one map. It also allows customer service teams to inform customers of accurate delivery times. Additionally, GPS tracking allows fleet managers to analyze past trips to see how they can improve routes and increase efficiency.
While the needs of one trucking operation will be different from the next, these essential features are often praised by HOS247 users. Reading reviews from the actual HOS247 ELD app for iPhone users and comparing them to other providers’ can help carriers make an informed decision on the best choice available.
A GPS fleet tracking system is one of the most valuable features an ELD solution can offer. Carriers in Canada that implement this technology can benefit from cost savings and increased safety. Customer satisfaction can also be enhanced thanks to