Best Logbook App for iPhone and Android in Trucking Business
Compliance is the main reason to use an electronic logging device. However, there are different quality logbooks in the market and making the wrong decision might mean ending up stuck with unreliable technology or having to pay penalties to get out of a forceful contract. Finding the solution with the best logbook app and quality hardware may be more complicated than one would expect.
Apart from inclusion in the FMCSA’s list of approved devices, there are several other factors that might indicate if an elog system is efficient and dependable. In this article, we will go over user ratings of major providers, beginning with HOS247, and we will give you some tips on how to choose the best vehicle log book app for your trucking business.
HOS247 Has Earned Some of the Best Online Logbook Ratings
HOS247 ratings consistently show that users appreciate the quality of our services and performance of our ELD solution. We understand that truckers need their electronic logbooks to be helpful, efficient, and easy to learn and use, and we work hard to meet their expectations. As shown by user reviews on app distribution platforms, HOS247 customers appreciate how intuitive the logbook is and often mention its reliability and excellent quality of customer support. Clients range from owner-operators to large fleets, and we are very proud to see that they like their logbook.
Let’s compare HOS247’s ratings to other elog manufacturers’ included in the FMCSA’s registered list.
What Are Some Valuable Qualities of an Electronic Logbook
Electronic logging technology and HOS compliance are complex matters and should be chosen carefully. Whether you are looking to switch providers or are new to the business and you are choosing your first logbook, it is important to do some research into the potential provider and the quality of their product. Here are some key aspects to take into account to find the most efficient device with the best logbook app:
- Straightforward installation. This is a one-time operation, but the speed of installation can affect the ELD rollout and cause downtime. If an installation process is complicated, it will likely be time-consuming and may affect the bottom line. Make sure to ask about his and any costs involved.
- Clear pricing. Providers have different pricing structures, and it should be very clear when you ask about their prices what exactly is included with the service. When additional fees are charged for things like dedicated tablets, installation, activation, or training, these can add up to a much larger bill than you signed up for. Make sure you get a fully functional elog system for the price in front of you.
- Easy-to-use interface. Drivers have a lot to deal with while on the road. The elog app should not make that more challenging for them. Status updates, vehicle inspection reports, compliance reports, and the like should be accessible with a few taps of the screen. The best logbook app will be intuitive, easy to use, and liked by drivers—if drivers complain about the app, it might be a good idea to consider a different provider.
- Compatibility with different devices. The best logbook software should be available for iPhone and Android smartphones, as well as tablets from both operating systems. A compatible app will be more quickly adapted and better received by the driver, not to mention cheaper, since drivers can use their own devices.
- Compatibility with different vehicle classes. A single fleet can have light- and medium-duty trucks, vans, box trucks, trailers, and many other kinds of vehicles. A device that can operate across all types of trucks will simplify things considerably. Having just one solution means that the staff only needs to learn one system, which will simplify fleet management.
- Compliance with updated regulations. The FMCSA sometimes updates its regulations, and your ELD provider should be ready to respond at that moment. Bear in mind that penalties for non-compliance can add up to substantial amounts of money, so it is best to choose a provider who is well informed and makes for a reliable compliance partner.
- Flexible plans. The business will grow over time, and the ELD solution can also grow with it. The best online logbook provider will offer added value and allow users to adjust it to their needs. Look for plans that can be scaled up or down with extra features and providers that do not lock customers into long-term contracts.
Are Logbook Apps FMCSA Compliant?
Even the best logbook app is not enough to comply with federal regulations on its own. The FMCSA has a clear definition for a compliant ELD: a tamper-resistant device that connects to the engine and records HOS data directly from it. Therefore, logbook apps are only half of the solution; the hardware piece is essential to achieve compliance, as it is the component approved by the FMCSA. The app serves to display information on any compatible device, so drivers can manage their RODS and transfer them during roadside inspections, but must be part of a registered system to help truckers stay compliant.
When Is a Device FMCSA Compliant?
The FMCSA does not have a process to ensure the devices registered on their ELD approved list are in line with their current guidelines. Elog providers certify their own logbook solution using a checklist for requirements issued by the FMCSA; they must declare to meet the criteria to be included in the list, but the Administration does not verify compliance. This process is known as “self-certification”.
The list of approved devices is kept available to the public on the FMCSA website. When providers are found to be non-compliant, the FMCSA can remove their device from the official list of approved devices. Users should keep an eye on the list to avoid issues should their provider be found not to meet all requirements. In that case, motor carriers will have 8 days to replace their device with one included in the list and remain within federal standards.
Benefits of HOS247 Logbooks
HOS247 makes it a point to offer drivers and motor carriers an effective solution for their needs. HOS247 ELD is an FMCSA registered device designed to enhance fleet performance and make operations smooth and efficient. The added value comes from several benefits, including:
- Top-rated user services. Customer support is critical to getting the most out of your logbook. Our multilingual team (English, Spanish, Russian, and Polish) is available Monday through Sunday, ready to answer any questions or troubleshoot any issues that may come up.
- Trial period. HOS247 offers users two weeks to try out the device and app for iPhone and Android to get a sense of how the system performs on the field. If customers choose to return the device within this period, they will receive a full refund, no hassle.
- Contract-free subscription. Flexible plans are a staple of HOS247. The no-contract policy allows clients to scale their monthly plans up or down as their business requires or cancel if they so decide.
- Reliable hardware. The best logbook app will still be only as good as the hardware that goes with it. HOS247 devices are resistant and easy to install to make sure performance is consistent and up to expectations. Our users appreciate the stable Bluetooth connection.
- Driver-friendly interface. The hardware pairs up with an intuitive app with a straightforward design for drivers to easily manage RODS.
- Extra features. Apart from elogs, HOS247 logbooks support the following fleet management features:
- Real-time GPS tracking.
- Vehicle diagnostics with fault code detection.
- IFTA mileage calculations.
- Idle time monitoring.
HOS247 is an experienced provider with excellent ratings thanks to our customer-centered policies. Whether you are looking for the best logbook app for iPhone or Android, our solution offers an intuitive interface and a stable connection to the high-quality hardware to achieve accurate and steady data recollection.
Tracking trucks with GPS helps carriers cut operational costs and optimize processes by monitoring vehicles’ locations in real-time, creating a more efficient workflow and increasing security for drivers and company assets. GPS truck tracking systems offer way more than just
HOS247 is an industry leader providing a compliant ELD app for iPhone There are many logbook apps for ELDs on the market, but unfortunately, only a fraction of those apps are reliable. When trying to choose the best vehicle logbook
For businesses in the transportation industry, compliance with the HOS regulations established by the FMCSA is not optional, it is a legal requirement. Before the implementation of the ELD mandate, truckers were allowed to record their hours of service manually