GPS Tracking for Fleets of Any Size
Are you looking for an effective way to reduce fuel and operational costs, improve driver safety, increase productivity and meet state and federal compliance rules? GPS tracking for fleets is an excellent solution for you. GPS tracking is an advanced telematics tool that collects data from vehicles and their drivers in real time and sends it to a fleet management system, allowing supervisors to monitor and streamline operations.
Trackers connect to the truck’s diagnostic port to provide access to accurate information about vehicle speed, fuel level, fault codes, battery charge, idle time, engine RPM and other crucial data. That’s why GPS tracking systems have become so popular in the USA. In this article, we will examine the critical features of GPS tracking for fleets and show how these systems can help your business thrive.
Main Features of GPS Tracking for Fleets
There are four essential features that any reliable tracking system must have to work at its full potential.
Real-Time GPS Tracking
Real-time GPS tracking helps achieve complete fleet visibility to monitor your vehicles accurately and effectively. Access to accurate information increases workflow efficiency and improves communication between drivers and fleet managers, leading to better business decisions.
With this feature, vehicle maintenance routines are scheduled automatically by the system. It sends managers reminders about upcoming service events in advance. Service schedules are effective and accurate as they are based on mileage, hours of usage and a record of all past service history.
Fault Code Detection
Fault code detection functions via self-diagnosis and reporting. It automatically identifies and flags performance changes. When a problem is detected, the system turns it into a code (DTC) and notifies the driver and manager so the problem can be addressed in a timely manner, avoiding costly repairs and downtime.
Automated Idle Tracking
Among other GPS fleet tracking benefits that help effectively reduce operational costs and increase driver performance, there is an automated idle tracking feature. It provides detailed fuel performance data and alerts the fleet manager of instances of excessive idling to help them correct the behavior. With this feature, carriers save money and minimize their CO2 footprint.
Benefits of HOS247 GPS Tracking
The obvious benefits of GPS tracking make this device indispensable for big and small trucking businesses. The market offers plenty of options of US fleet tracking GPS softwares. The question is how to choose the right one. Besides the essential features mentioned above, you may look for a provider that offers an advanced and reliable system that you can get the most out of.
With HOS247 trackers, our clients can be sure that the needs of their business will be addressed in the most professional way. Amongst the GPS fleet tracking benefits we offer are the following.
HOS247 GPS Tracking for Fleets Is Flexible
- Trial period. Users get a chance to familiarize themselves with the software during a two-week trial period. If you decide to return the product within that time, you will get a refund.
- No-contract policy. HOS247 offers a flexible monthly or yearly subscription service to adapt to the specific needs of our clients. Because we understand that the needs of our customers may change in the same way the market does, we have no lockdown period that forces clients to commit for years.
- One-year hardware replacement warranty. HOS247 guarantees a smooth run of its devices, providing a free replacement in case of malfunction.
HOS247 Trackers Are Easy to Install and Use
- Quick and straightforward installation. The installation of HOS247 GPS service fleet tracking takes only a few minutes. You won’t need a specialist to set up the system. The driver or fleet manager can easily install the hardware and download the software from our web page.
- Ease-of-use. Clients enjoy the transparency and simplicity of our software. Its friendly interface encourages the intuitive use of the program. If you still have doubts, you can resolve them by calling our support center.
- Compatibility. GPS tracking for fleets works perfectly well with trailers, light- and medium-duty trucks, and even pick ups. Also, the software easily pairs up with Android and iOS tablets and smartphones.
HOS247 Is a Committed to Customer Satisfaction
- Multilingual customer services. One of the main goals of HOS247 is to provide efficient, customer-centric service. We praise our technical support team, which consists of professionals who speak English, Spanish, Russian and Polish. It’s enough to have a look at our review section to see how the friendliness and skillful assistance of our customer service team helps truckers do their jobs.
- Efficient technical support. To optimize the use of the system, we provide assistance from our experts from Monday to Sunday. HOS247 has a callback policy, which means that we will never leave you without an answer.
HOS247 Trackers Use Advanced Technology
- 4G technology. As the era of 3G comes to an end in the USA, at HOS247 we already provide our clients with a faster, more efficient service.
- Improved safety and security uses. Concealed tracking devices included in our GPS tracking for fleets notifies fleet operators if the vehicle is taken to unauthorized locations and helps recover assets in case of theft.
- Extra features. In addition to all the features mentioned earlier, HOS247 also offers IFTA mileage calculations and electronic logging devices (ELDs).
Do Fleets Need ELDs?
According to FMCSA, the ELD rule applies to most USA-, Canada- and Mexico-domiciled drivers. It allows limited exemptions for drivers who:
- Operate under the short-haul exemption since they are not required to keep RODS (records of duty status).
- Keep RODS for no more than 8 days out of a 30-day period.
- Conduct drive-away-tow-away operations, in which the vehicle being driven is the commodity being delivered.
- Drivers of vehicles with engines manufactured before 2000.
HOS247 Is a Top-Rated ELD Provider
HOS247 is top-rated by truckers thanks to our commitment to customer satisfaction. Our customers appreciate the quality of technical support and our easy-to-install hardware with access to most Android and iOS devices via Bluetooth. HOS247 is approved by the FMCSA as a certified vendor.
Our devices track drivers’ HOS automatically, complying with DOT regulations with minimum effort from drivers and managers. Our goal is to make the experience of using electronic logbooks as efficient and simple as possible, helping our clients avoid violations and fines. Request our trial and discover how you can increase efficiency by using an ELD-based GPS system.
Semi driver hours of service compliance is easier to achieve than ever before thanks to reliable ELD solutions like the one offered by HOS247. Fleet managers, owner-operators, and all types of drivers should rest easy knowing that their ELD solution
Staying compliant with the law is a critical task for any trucking business. The main concern in this respect is the federal ELD mandate, which states the way electronic logging devices USA truckers use must record HOS data. Aside from
The ELD Mandate is a fact of life for most drivers and trucking companies. This article presents some guidelines on how to choose ELD devices, how to stay on top of a trucking company and driver regulatory needs, who must